- 5 to 7 years’ experience at an agency, product company, or startup in a design role
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in one of the creative arts, Digital Media, Human and Computer Interaction, Design Thinking, or equivalent work experience
- Eagerness to learn and desire for feedback and continuously improving their design output
- Eagerness to be client-facing including leading branding, creative direction workshops with clients, and end-users
- Effective communication of design decisions to team members and clients
- Working knowledge or desire to learn Axure and Figma
- Passion for technology and a desire to understand website and web app development
- Appreciation of technical limits, scope, timeline, and budget, as needed constraints for successful design
- A digital portfolio is required for consideration
What You’ll Be Doing
- Practicing a human-centered design process and asking “why?”
- Gathering requirements and establishing user journeys in workshops
- Establishing a strong vision and design goals for every project
- Designing the look and feel including color and typesetting or prototyping complete and often complex business rules in Figma
- Collaborating with designers, developers (back end and front end), and project owners
- Collaborating when needed on marketing and sales collateral
- Giving and taking feedback
As a Senior Designer (UX/UI), you will guide our customers through their digital journey. You will take the lead in strategy and discovery sessions that include workshops, 1-to-1 stakeholder interviews, and user research and synthesize the information to create a strategy for each client’s unique needs.
We utilize an atomic based design approach to design both content and commerce-based websites. You’ll take a hands-on approach to developing your designs from wireframes to delivering high fidelity concepts to clients. You will develop user personas, user scenarios, journey maps, information architecture, and prototypes based on a human-centered process, and validate your UX/UI design decisions with regular usability testing. With a mastery of color, type, and empathy for end-users, you’ll bring digital designs to life.
The Benefits You’ll Love
As a Senior Designer (UX/UI) at Adage, you’ll enjoy work-life balance with flex schedules, remote-work options, and 20+ days of paid time off annually. Adage offers excellent benefits with 85% employer-paid insurance, profit-sharing bonuses, 401k contributions, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen and gym.
The Difference We Make
At Adage, we do our part to make the world a better place through technology.
In this pursuit, we have spent the last 20 years helping many to make an actual difference in the communities they serve through their digital presence. Central to solutions for these clients is our approach. Our UX practice is there from the start, ensuring we have alignment in form and function.
We are growing our team of user experience and user interface designers who build best-in-class digital experiences for our clients. Our team consists of people who are smart, driven, impressively kind, always fun, and just the right amount of quirky. We are one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Adage is growing a team of purpose-driven, creative, strategic, problem solvers, who share our passion for technology advancing purpose.
- Strong core values
- Collaborative, creative, and fun environment
- A culture of trust, support, and togetherness