Adage Technologies is proud to announce that we’ve been named to the 2020 list of Best Places to Work in Illinois, with this being our 10th consecutive year on the list. To top it off, we’ve also been named one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago, our 3rd year making the Crain’s list since becoming eligible three years ago.
Best Places to Work in Illinois is a Meaningful Award
Being on The Best Places to Work list for the past decade is an incredible achievement because our own employees are the ones whose opinion gets us there. Through a two-part process, The Best Places to Work awards program aims to identify, recognize, and honor the best places of employment. For the first part, each company is evaluated on its workplace policies, practices, and demographics, which makes up 25% of the score. The remaining 75% of the score is based on a survey of employees sharing their experience. Best Companies Group, which manages the entire process, analyzes the data to determine the final rankings.
For a company founded in 2001, ten years of recognition as a Best Place to Work is something we take a lot of pride in. When Adage first won this award in 2011, our employee headcount was 23, just over the threshold of 15 to be eligible. Fast forward to 2020 and Adage has seen its highest employee headcount yet, at 72. While still a privately owned business, our Leadership team has expanded and diversified over the years, recently welcoming Andrea Chang as Vice President of Project Delivery in 2019.
Upon reflecting on her time at Adage, Digital Director Sarah Bordson, says:
“It’s been exciting to see how Adage has changed over my nine years here. We’ve grown at a steady pace, and the work we do continues to be more complex. Our User Experience Design practice has also grown substantially, enabling us to really showcase our clients’ brand identities. I love that what has stayed the same over the years is the organizational commitment to excellence and helping others—be it clients, partners, or teammates—I love being part of something I believe in.”
On winning in 2011, our President, Roy Chomko, said “At Adage, we strive to provide a collaborative, creative, and fun environment for our employees, and we’re thrilled that’s been recognized with this award.” Although we’ve evolved much as a company since then, that sentiment hasn’t changed. We have a people-first approach to everything we do as an organization, from our user-centered design philosophy on each project to the way we collaborate, and how we make decisions.
A Culture that Truly Cares
Something we often hear echoed across the company is that when you have a culture that truly cares about the employees, it makes for a great environment. In the words of Senior Developer Jorge Luna, “I enjoy working at Adage because we have fostered a culture of trust, support, and togetherness.” Since joining Adage three years ago, Jorge has appreciated how “Everyone at Adage is welcomed into an environment that makes it possible for each of us to grow professionally and personally.” JR Samples, Adage’s Vice President of Sales and member of the Leadership team, consider kindness to be one of the things that make Adage unique. “We care about each other and treat each other with respect.” Samples add that this combination of “kindness, professionalism, competence, and growth opportunity make Adage an exciting and rewarding place to work.”
Thoughtful and Continuous Improvement
As a company dedicated to continuous improvement and providing a positive experience for our employees, our benefits, policies, and perks have evolved as well.
Based on employee feedback, over the past 10 years, a few of the things we’ve added include:
- Paid Parental leave
- Flexible schedules
- Career progression plans
- New training opportunities
- More PTO
- Summer Flex Fridays
Our HR and Leadership team work closely to strategize and deliver on these new initiatives to make sure they’re the right fit for employees and the company as a whole.
Molly Lee, a Lead UX Designer who has been with Adage for 2 years, agrees:
“Whether the company is deciding on a new technology solution, a new hire, or finding our new normal in this environment, an enormous amount of thought goes into every decision we make. As an employee, it feels reassuring to know that we aren’t just following the latest trends, but always trying to find the right solution for us. Adage is an incredible place to work.”
Although all staff has been working remotely since mid-March, we have continued to keep our camaraderie and sense of culture even while dispersed. We’ve done several virtual events: coffee breaks, happy hours, team lunches, and even an at-home scavenger hunt. No matter what type of situation arises, we stay true to our core values to adapt and evolve to find new solutions.
You can find out more about our open positions or sign up for job alerts.